Empowering continuous learning and practice improvement.
Working at UBC
Equity and diversity are essential to academic excellence. An open and diverse community fosters the inclusion of voices that have been underrepresented or discouraged. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Latest Job Postings
1. Design Intern
Please send resume, cover letter, and 2–5 portfolio examples to Kate Campbell, Senior Manager, Creative Learning at @email
We are looking for someone enthusiastic about multimedia and adult learning to collaborate with our Creative Learning team as a Design Intern. The successful candidate will be using aspects of educational design, online course development, interactive design, and learner experience design to create outstanding educational programs for health care practitioners across British Columbia.
Duties may include:
- Designing and developing interactive online experiences
- Creating storyboards for educational content
- Designing and developing online courses (in Moodle)
- Designing website mock-ups with informed UI/UX principles
- Conducting usability testing
- Editing and producing video content
- Editing the UBC CPD website (in Drupal)
- Designing graphics for web, print, and slide presentations
- Creating basic animations and/or images for the purpose of animation
- Writing and editing communication material for marketing of educational programming in print and web formats
Location may be remote or in-person at UBC CPD depending on UBC guidelines (a combination of in-office and remote may be available). The UBC CPD office is located at City Square, East Tower Suite 200, 555 W 12th Ave, Vancouver.
2. Senior Program Assistant
Please view the full job posting and submit your resume and cover letter through the faculty and staff careers portal. The posting end date is February 2, 2022.
This position is responsible for coordinating the implementation of custom coaching and mentoring programs for rural health professionals in British Columbia. They will assist with overall program administration, help to organize and deliver skill development sessions for coaches, and support the matching process for participants in the Coaching and Mentoring Program (CAMP), and coaching pillars for the Rural Surgical and Obstetrical Network (RSON) and Rural Obstetrical and Maternity Sustainability Program (ROAM-SP). Other duties may include:
- Independently organize, implement, and execute multiple high profile virtual and in-person CPD events and activities
- Monitor budgetary expenditures, create invoices, and prepare payment requisition forms
- Record minutes at planning committees and working group meetings
- Design workshop promotional materials; implement marketing plan and delivery per event
- Liaise with working groups and subject matter experts
- Create, distribute, and summarize program surveys and assist with data analysis
- Work with the project team in developing status reports and final program reports for sponsors and stakeholders
- Review and edit program material
- Assist with scheduling meetings
To view all faculty and staff careers at UBC, visit https://hr.ubc.ca/careers-and-job-postings.
Continuing Professional Development
Faculty of Medicine
The University of British Columbia
Musqueam, Squamish & Tsleil-Waututh Traditional Territory
City Square Shopping Centre
East Tower, 2nd floor, Suite 200
555 West 12th Avenue
Vancouver BC V5Z 3X7